The following is a guest post by Rosa Hemming.
In our society, most people say that breakfast is the most important meal. However, in several different countries, lunch holds a special place in people’s culture. Numerous studies have found that lunch might be the most important meal of the day, especially for children. Remember, most learning institutions don’t provide breakfast. Therefore, lunch is the only meal that learners are served to boost their energy during the day.
Lunch with benefits
- Benefits of lunch – Your body needs food a few hours after having breakfast to re-energize the body and raise the levels of blood sugar. This is essential especially when focus and concentration are declining. If you are feeling tired and lazy, eating a small lunch can help you feel energized and refreshed to work on a task or project.
- Additionally, eating lunch helps in keeping metabolism active especially when you have a moderate meal and a few snacks afterward. Starving yourself for hours and consuming large meals prevents metabolism from remaining active.
- As you’ve seen, lunch is an important meal for everyone. It contains lots of nutrients that keep the body and mind working efficiently throughout the day and boosts energy. Packed lunch tends to be a healthy choice because it gives you control over the ingredients and food that you should include. You can also eat food in a canteen or restaurant as long as it helps you stay fit and healthy.
How to do it
- When packing your lunch, you should focus on variety and eating a balanced diet that will give you nutrients and help you stay active and healthy in the long run. The calories and nutrients that you consume over meals and snacks can be split. The calories that you consume through drinks have been included here.
- Dietary surveys have shown that the majority of people need to reduce the intake of sugar, salt, and saturated fat. And increase the consumption of fruits, vegetables, fish and fiber. Carrying lunch from home is one of the best ways to achieve your health goals while saving money.
- Foods that should be included in your lunch – A healthy and nutritious lunch should be based on wholegrain bread, rye crispbread, pita pockets, rice, or wholegrain pasta. You should include lean protein to keep your stomach full. The best proteins include eggs, salmon, chicken, tuna, or prawns. By including these foods in your lunch, you’ll need to keep them refrigerated to reduce the chances of food poisoning.
- You also need to include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet; for instance apples, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, raisins, and pepper to name a few. You should also include a drink. Water is perfect. However, you can go for milk or other milk alternatives like Soya drink if you are allergic to dairy products.
- Skipping lunch – Some people think that they can go to school or work and come back home without eating lunch. However, this can lead to a host of problems. Skipping lunch is similar to fasting in many ways. And it may lead to feelings of sluggishness due to hunger. This is especially true if the breakfast was not enough.
- Your body is adapted for survival. Therefore, going for hours without eating will make you feel hungry. And all you’ll be thinking about is your next meal. This can lead to low productivity and poor performance at work. Your body’s fuel is glucose. And it becomes insufficient after close to six hours if you haven’t eaten. This is because glycogen runs out over time. When glycogen levels are low, the liver converts glycogen into glucose and supplies it to other organs.
- Going too long without eating will increase your chances of eating too much during your next meal. Skipping lunch will eventually catch up with you. And you’ll pay the price dearly.
Don’t take your lunch in a hurry. You need to eat in a calm and comfortable environment with your loved ones whenever you can. This will allow you to digest food without pain or discomfort. With all these tips, you should be ready to prepare a delicious lunch for yourself and your loved ones.
Author bio: Rosa Hemming is a blogger and professional content writing expert at dissertation writing service and https://www.superiorpapers.com/research_paper.php from the United States. She is keen on movies and serials. Her blog consists of lists of the best films divided by genre and for different moods.