In need of a veggie-filled breakfast to lighten up your morning? This quick recipe will be a great start to your day by satisfying your hunger. Packed with fiber from the vegetables and whole grains, healthy fats from the avocado, and protein from the egg, this morning meal is one to beat.
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chopped mushroom
- ¼ cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- Red chili flakes, to top
- Olive oil, to sauté
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast the bread as desired.
- Gently mash ¼ avocado into the toast, top with sliced tomatoes, and top again with sliced avocado. Sprinkle red chili flakes.
- Heat olive oil on a pan, then add the egg, mushroom and spinach.
- Stir quickly and add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with red chili flakes once plated, and dig in!
So I would love to know:
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast food?
- Do you have a preferred brand of bread?
- How do you like your eggs?
With assistance from future RDN Christina Chu